Thursday, April 26, 2012

Does a video card that has PCI express 2.0 x16 need a motherboard with the same or can it be used with pci x16

I would like to purchase one of the new nvidias 9600s and in its specifications it says pci express 2.0 x16. I just want to know if it will work with a motherboard that just has pci express x16.|||Yes, it will work perfectly. As a previous poster mentioned, it is completely backwards compatible. My HD 3870 is also PCIe 2.0, and it is working just fine on my PCIe X16 motherboard. No performance issues at all.



EDIT: I'll repeat, there is no performance issues at all, and none that I have ever heard of. It was designed to be FULLY backwards compatible, so you shouldn't have any worries whatsoever.|||i heard that one of the users here said that there would and/or could be performance issuse if so how much would be the issue be, 10% 5% 15%??? could u guess.|||PCI Express 2.0 x16 is backwards compatible with PCI Express x16, but from what I've read you won't achieve the same performance using it in a PCI Express 16 slot.|||yes pci express works with pci express only the 2.0 is maybe an upgrade just like the usb 1.0 now they have 2.0 that performs faster so the video card you have will work it will just perform alot faster

No comments:

Post a Comment