Thursday, April 26, 2012

What are my video card options?

I have a desktop with an Acer Veriton 7800 motherboard and was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of video card options I have? I know I need PCI-E x16 VGA but I have no effing idea what to look for. Currently all I've got is the integrated and that's pretty much shite for running any kind of graphic games. I need at least 256MBs while a 512MB card would be preferable.|||Any cheap crap card will have at least 512MB on it. Don't bother putting more than $60 or so into that thing. Get a Radeon 5570 and be done with it. You have, at best, a Pentium 4, which is crap.|||according to your motherboard specs it could be either one of these



Integrated Intel® 945G Extreme Graphics

PCI-E x16 VGA Add-On Card (selected models)



http://63.66.78.20/acerpanam/desktop/000…



download and install GPU-Z to learn the specs of your device

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/



**edit .. as previous poster mentioned.. dont bother spending too much on a new card.. your system really is too old to support any of the newer range of video cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment