Thursday, April 26, 2012

Is there an adapter that will hook up a pci express video card to a pci slot?

I bought a pci express x16 video (graphics) card for my emachine T2042, that has been upgraded to 1g or ddr. Low and behold, I need a pci card. Is there an adapter that will allow me to plug the pci express card into the pci slot, or am I stuck saving money to buy a regular pci. Any sugestions were I can buy an ati 256mb pci card? Thanks|||Just have that card replaced because there is no adapter.

Consider these:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/…|||No, and if there was the performance decrease would be awful. I know that they make all the way up to ati x1600 in pci, but they are expensive.|||no|||nope|||No. PCI slots just aren't fast enough to carry the data.

No comments:

Post a Comment