Friday, April 27, 2012

For a dell dimensions 4600, can i buy a pci 2.0 card for a pci slot? I also have no clue if it is x8 or x16.?

I'm confused, i want to play fast games on steam. I have an old graphics card in an agp slot. There is still a pci sloot but i have no clue if it is x8 or x16. I think it is an x16 due to the size. I know because of the two different slots side by side i cant buy a dual slot video card. My first question is can i buy a graphics card from NVIDIA that needs a 2.0 slot in my pci slot. I also have a computer that can only power the card to 300w only. I think its the minimum but a few on NVIDIA's website still come up. I also dont know if i should go with ATI or if it will even work! Science is it from AMD and I have Intel. And i also don't know where i can put a wireless internet card after this because I still need one. In the AGP slot, no clue.



I guess my questions are:



Is my PCI slot a x8 or x16



Will a graphics card from NVIDIA work in the pci slot if it needs PCI 2.0



Can i put a wireless card in the APG slot



How big can the card be



Do i need to stick with an agp card



It the mother board just not as modern



I REALLY NEED HELP!! ITS A DELL DIMENTIONS 4600 IN A MINI TOWER CASE, !!!!!





But i really really realllly want to know what is the best card i can get from NVIDIA that is below $100 if it is a 2.0 and will work in the normal slot that is a x16. If it does work



PLEASE HELP|||There is a difference between PCI and PCI-E (Express), they are two different slots and cards that fit in one type of slot will not fit in the other



Your computer does *not* have PCI-E slots. It has the old PCI slots.



You cannot use modern PCI-E video cards in your computer.



You can use AGP cards, but they are rare and anything you find will be quite slow by modern standards



If you have a mini tower it will further complicate things as you may need a low-profile AGP card, I don't think there are any still on the market.|||No you moron

Go look up your computer

I spent 10 seconds online and found it|||The video card is probably PCI-express 2.0 X16, which is completely different from PCI (there's no such thing as X8 or X16 for regular PCI slots). If your computer has an AGP slot, it won't have PCI-express slots.



No, you can't put a wireless card in the AGP slot, it's only for graphics, and yes, you'll have to stick with an AGP card then or get a new motherboard (or computer). Here are some AGP video cards, though they're very low end:



http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…

No comments:

Post a Comment