Thursday, April 26, 2012

PCI Express 2.0 for video card upgrade?

I am looking at buying a video card and was wondering what I am limited to. I am looking for one so I can play WoW and watch videos mainly. I saw some that say PCI Express 2.0 on them but wasn't sure if my computer can handle those.



I just bought a new computer with a 128MB Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 built into the mother board.



I got the following slots available:

1x PCI slot (one available)

2x PCIe x1 slots (two available)

1x PCIe x16 slot (one available)



(extra Q. what does the #x mean before PCle mean?)|||PERFECT u got a PCI-e x16 slot



that will handel ALL the new cards!|||As others have said, that PCIe x16 will accept 1.1 and 2.0 PCIe vid cards|||A PCI-E 2.0 card will fit and work in a PCIe X16 slot, so you're off fine. The 1x part means there's one PCIe X16 slot. The X16 part means its data transfer rate compared to the original AGP bus. X16 is the most common for graphics cards, so any PCI-Express card should work.

No comments:

Post a Comment