Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm having trouble inserting a PCI-e x16 video card on HP a6230n?

The problem is this:

The place where the side of the video card that has the ports on it (s-video, and monitor ports) is covered by a sheet of metal. The sheet of metal is different from the other sheets as it is not as easily removable... it isn't able to be just pushed out like the others are. Can anyone help me? or maybe tell me a site where I could get info. on removing the blocking piece of metal?|||UPDATE:

It would appear from the diagram of your machine that one of the slots has a permenant and un-removable cover plate, for some reason. Is there no way of installing in one of the other lots? I see that there is a modem in one of the slots shown on page 1 of the guide. Can that be removed or is it in a special socket?









Is the location stamped so that the piece can be pried out with a screw driver? My machine has semi-permanent covers over the slot holes, which have to be removed with a screw driver and a pair of needle nose pliers. Once removed, the cards fit fine, but they are difficult to pry out, as they are actually part of the frame, stamped to allow them to be broken out.|||try taking the screw out of it|||is your video card upside down?



If all else fails, drill holes.

Can you send a link to a picture?



There should be some way to do it, since I upgraded my video card on my HP desktop.

No comments:

Post a Comment