Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I disabled my pci express video card in bios and now I can't "enable" it, how can I fix this?

I have a intel server board w/ 2 xeon processors and I'm runing windows xp on it. I installed a pci express x16 video card on it and I had it working fine for a while, however I was messing around w/ bios and disabled the pci slot. After re-enableing the pci slot, my computer does not recognize my video card anymore and I can't get any video feed from it. The pci express x16 enableing option in bios does not even show up anymore. How can I get my video card to work again? I have been considering taking out the battery on my board and resetting everything, but is there an easier way?|||That would be my first recommendation, but in some board taking the battery out isn't enough anymnore. Read the MB manual to find the reset instructions for the BIOS. Usually involves moving a jumper, powering the system on a few times, then moving the jumper back.

No comments:

Post a Comment