Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What video card will perform well with 300 watts?

I need a video card that is able to connect to an HDTV and that will work with 300 watts. I'm not a hard core gamer, my most modern PC game is Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. However, I plan on purchasing Half-Life 2, Oblivion, and Tomb Raider: Anniversary very soon. I would like a video card that runs some of the more recent games at decent frame rates. I was thinking of a video card in the geforce 6 and 7 series. Here are my specs:



Pentium 4 3GHz, 1GB of Ram

PCI Express x16 Expansion slot (right now I use integrated graphics)

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, and 300-watt Power supply.|||i would highly suggest you upgrade your power supply. 450 watts is roughly the bare minimum if you want a stable and decent gaming computer. Cards that can run Oblivion at decent frame rates and at low-medium settings need at least 450 watts.



check the link below to choose the best card for your budget.

once you have a card in mind, do research on its power requirements especially on the Amperage rating. Check your power supply if it meets the requirement (which i think it wont) if not then you need to purchase a new power supply that meets your video card requirement.|||Well if u want u could get a GForce 7800 which can run most if not all games well and u should get like 1 more gb of ram just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment