Sunday, May 6, 2012

Is a PCI Express x1 Video/Graphics Card really worth it?

I made a really dumb mistake of buying a cheap $400 Desktop that only came with a PCI Express x1 and x16 slot, and not 2.0 x16. As I've learned, there are few cards for these two slots available, and they aren't top of the line in any means. Though I have found 1gb cards such as:



http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp…



I'm afraid I'm no computer techie, though I know a good share of knowledge. I've read that the PCIE x1 slots transfer data at a much slower speed.



So the question is, should I get this until I get a job and enough money to build my own PC? I just want to play Stalker without making it look like something out of the late 90s (i.e. with fully rendered lighting). Do you think this could be a good substitute?|||What are you saying, most of the cards out there in the market is for PCI Express X16 slots. and really it doesn't matter as of not by X16 1.1 or 2.0. Almost all the cards present in market arn't able to use X16 2.0's power.Most But not all. so stick with the motherboard it isn't that bad and get a good graphic card to play games, you don't need to worry much about rendering( i suppose) unless you are buying two cards for Sli or crossfire, you won't need two X16 slots. Good luck with your Gpu and S.T.A.L.K.E.R|||Well if you have a VGA card connected to the PCI-E 16x slot, what you could do is replace it with a good/average VGA card.



2 PCI-E slots will only come into play, only if you're planning to CROSSFIRE or SLI i.e. connect two VGA cards and connect them together to get a single output. But in order to do that you need to have two similar models which supports the feature. Since you have a 1x slot I wouldn't recommend you doing that.|||It fits perfectly in an HP Pavilion Slim, it's definitely worth paying it's ... work station and there is no PCI-E 16x only PCI-E 1x so it was either use the really ... I'm using this video card in my file server since my old PCI vid card died on me. ... 5.0 out of 5 stars Only a few PCI Express x1 cards available! ...

No comments:

Post a Comment